Professional Scrum with User ExperienceProfessional Scrum with User Experience (PSU) is a 2-day hands-on course where students who already have a fundamental understanding of Scrum and some experience using it will learn how to integrate modern UX practices into the way they are working in Scrum and how to work most effectively within Scrum Teams.
- For Scrum Masters and Product Owners who will learn how to integrate the UX specialty with what they already know about the power of self-organizing cross-functional teams. This will enable them to help Development Teams to learn about the customer, plan learning/discovery/design work, and still deliver “Done” product each Sprint
- For UX designers, writers, researchers, and all UX experts who will learn how to work more effectively inside Scrum managing work in Sprints and visualizing it in the Product Backlog
- For Team Leads, Product Managers, and other managers who will learn how to lead cross-functional teams in discovery work and align the work of the team around learning and delivering value to users
- For anyone involved in delivering the product (engineers, product managers, etc) as technology teams work better when they’re collaborating across disciplines and specialties
- How a cross-functional Scrum Team can include UX specialists
- How to account for, manage, prioritize and include UX work in the Backlog
- How to balance discovery and delivery within a Scrum Team
- How to reconcile UX work with Scrum essentials like the Definition of “Done”, Backlog ordering, and delivering “Done” Increments every Sprint
- How Scrum Teams create customer feedback loops within a Sprint
- How to ensure customer insight is included in Scrum events and decision-making
- What the Definition of “Done” is in a world of continuous learning
- How to handle design work that may extend beyond a single Sprint, continuing to deliver value each and every Sprint using Scrum
- How UX can inform better development decisions
- How to deliver higher value in the customer’s eyes with Scrum Teams without changing Scrum
All participants completing the Professional Scrum with User Experience course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum with User Experience I (PSU I) certification assessment.
If you use your password within 14 days and do not get at least 85% (minimum passing score), you will be granted a second attempt at no additional cost.
For participation in the training (even if the test fails), students receive 14 PDU points from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Understand how Scrum with UX enhance continuous learning
Framing work as problems to solve
Outcomes over outputs
Managing UX work in Scrum
Focus on users
Trainer — Bogdan Onyshchenko
Bogdan is a Professional Scrum Trainer at Scrum.org.
- Has over 10 years of IT experience as a Developer, Scrum Master, Product Owner, and Trainer.
- Over the last 6 years, he designed and managed IT products of different sizes, from startup to enterprise, in telecommunications, logistics, retail, and online gambling domains in Ukraine, Poland, and Germany.
- For the last 3 years, he is busy conducting Scrum and Agile trainings.
Having experience with all the accountabilities on a Scrum Team, he obtained a deep understanding of underlying details that make Scrum Teams truly great.
He believes in a practical approach to education. His trainings are highly interactive, full of practical recommendations, exercises, games, and real-life experiences.
Bogdan also hosts the Plus50agility podcast where he talks to industry experts to get an in-depth understanding of different aspects of business agility.