Helping Leaders Understand their Role in Enabling Agile Transformation
PROFESSIONAL AGILE LEADERSHIP™ (PAL) Essentials — a modular workshop, adaptable up to 2-days in length based on the needs of your organization.
The workshop provides a foundation for the role that leaders play in creating the conditions for a successful agile transformation. Leaders and managers are critical enablers in helping their organizations be successful, yet the role of leaders and managers in an Agile organization can be quite different from what they are used to.
This workshop uses a combination of instruction and team-based exercises to help participants learn how to form and support agile teams to achieve better results, and how to lead the cultural and behavioral changes that organizations must make to reap the benefits of an Agile product delivery approach.
Becoming an Agile organization is a profound transformation that requires senior leaders, middle managers, and Agile team members to change the way that they organize their work, manage that work, and measure the results of the work. Agile teams cannot do this on their own; they need help from the entire organization. The changes for all involved are profound, but so are the results when everyone’s goals and ways of working are aligned.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
To succeed in a changing world, organizations need to become more agile, more responsive to customer needs and market changes. This workshop will equip leaders and managers to help their organizations change by providing participants with:
- ➡️ An overview of what «Agile» is, why organizations need it to survive and thrive in a changing world, how it works, and how to quantify its benefits from a business perspective
- ➡️ The means to identify the potential opportunities and impacts of Agile in terms of business value
- ➡️ An understanding of how Agile addresses the root causes of business uncertainty and IT project failure and/or dissatisfied customers
- ➡️ The ability to compare and contrast Agile practices with alternative business practices and discuss how Agile fosters a culture of innovation and enhances financial performance
- ➡️ An understanding of how to help form and support agile teams using an empirical approach to product delivery
- ➡️ An understanding of typical challenges that agile teams face and how to support them by removing impediments
Training materials are created and maintained by Scrum co-creator Ken Schwaber with the Scrum.org PST community, helping to ensure that they are always in tune with what’s happening in software development organizations and always up-to-date with the latest practices.
Leaders will understand how being agile adds value to their business and why their support is essential to the team’s success.
They will be prepared to support and enable successful teams by providing guidance and removing impediments that are beyond the team’s ability to address.
Have a clear and common language to better understand the core problems in Digital Product and Software Development.
Students will receive an introduction to professional Agile techniques and ways to lead Agile teams.
Effectively understand the role that management plays in Agile change of an organization.
This workshop will equip leaders and managers to help their organizations change by providing participants with:
- ➡️ An overview of what “Agile” is, why organizations need it to survive and thrive in a changing world, how it works, and how to quantify its bene ts from a business perspective.
- ➡️ The means to identify the potential opportunities and impacts of Agile in terms of business value.
- ➡️ The ability to compare and contrast Agile practices with alternative business practices.
- ➡️ An understanding of how to help form and support agile teams using an empirical approach.
- ➡️ Ways to deal with typical challenges that agile teams face and how to support the teams by removing impediments and becoming a servant-leader.
- ➡️ An understanding of how to measure and guide agile product delivery.
- ➖ Theory and Principles
- ➖ Improving Value Delivery
- ➖ Value — The “What”
- ➖ Culture — The “Who”
- ➖ Professionalism — The “How”
- ➖ Scaling
- ➖ Premise of this Course
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course is designed for:
- — senior leaders;
- — middle managers;
- — those in leadership roles who want to grow their organization’s ability to respond to market opportunities, competitive pressures, or opportunities for innovation;
- — agile team members to change the way that they organize their work, manage that work, and measure the results of the work.
Magdalena Firlit — Scrum and Agile Coach, consultant, trainer, mentor, life and business coach (graduated Coach according to postgraduate university course ICF).
She obtained an accreditation from Scrum.org and can provide certified trainings Professional Scrum Master, Professional Agile Leadership — Essentials and Professional Scrum Foundations.
She has had over 17 years of professional experience. Currently Magdalena is focused on Agile transformations of both organisations and teams. She cooperates with different size companies and with all levels in organisation.
She provides trainings and workshops related with Agile, Scrum, Kanban and soft skills. She is present as a speaker at conferences, meetups communities of practice and leads workshops and trainings.