Professional Scrum Master II
What You Will Receive
- Scrum.org training materials in English
- Consulting session within 8 weeks after the training (1 hour)
- Voucher for PSM II exam
- 40% costs reduction for PSM III exam
- Comfortable classroom with catering including lunch and coffee breaks.
Who is the course for
What You Will Learn
Unlike the Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course which focuses on how to use Scrum, the Scrum framework and the role of the Scrum Master, PSM II is an advanced course helping students to understand the stances that characterize an effective Scrum Master and servant-leader while diving deep into how they serve the Development Team, Product Owner and organization.
Over the 2 days, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Scrum Master such as:
- The Scrum Master as a Teacher
- The Scrum Master as a Coach & Mentor
- The Scrum Master as a Facilitator
- The Scrum Master as a Change Agent
As a Scrum Master, being able to identify, and effectively apply, which stance would benefit your team the most depending on the situation or circumstance could prove to be the key to the success of your team.
Throughout the class, your PST will provide stories, exercises, facilitation techniques (such as “Liberating Structures”), resources and more. There will also be time in class for the Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) to provide coaching on challenges that you and your classmates may be experiencing today or may in the future.
- What practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master
- How the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improves their ability in this role
- What the Scrum Master can do to support Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Ways that the Scrum Master can help to change the environment making it more conducive for
- Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
- Effects on the organization of a successful Scrum Master
- Dealing with complexity and servant leadership
- Dealing with team conflict
- Removing impediments
- Facilitation techniques
- The Importance of a «Done» Increment
- The Sprint Goal
- Refresh the purpose of the Scrum Events
- The role of management in Scrum
- Successful product delivery
- Measurement in Scrum
- How to support the Product Owner
- Understanding the challenges of middle management
- Scrum Master as a change agent.
Warranties and certificates
Courses taught by Magdalena
Magdalena Firlit – Scrum and Agile coach, consultant, trainer, mentor, life and business coach (certified trainer, ICF postgraduate student). With PST accreditation from Scrum.org, Magdalena can provide certified trainings like Professional Scrum Master, Professional Agile Leadership - Essentials and Professional Scrum Foundations.
- 21+ years of professional experience.
- Collaborated with Motorola Solutions, Sabre, Luxoft, Philips Morris, DreamLab Onet.p, Guidewire, currently working with corporations as well as start-ups, including regulative environments
- Mentor at techleaders.eu and Women in Technology
- Guest lecturer (Agile Leadership)
- Currently working as an independent Agile Transformation consultant and Professional Scrum Trainer
Magdalena is focused on flexible transformations of both organizations and teams. She collaborates with companies of various sizes and with all levels in the organization.
She also conducts trainings and seminars related to Agile, Scrum, Kanban and soft-skills.
She acts as a speaker at conferences, holds meetings with communities, seminars and trainings.