Professional Scrum Product Owner - Advanced (PSPOII) with Magdalena Firlit
The virtual PSPO-Advanced course is a mixture of using Zoom (with breakout rooms) and Mural workspace. Your experience can be similar to F2F class due to advanced tools and experienced trainer willingly sharing her know-how and practice.
What you will learn:
The Product Owner's role is multifaceted, requiring the practitioner to engage in behaviors and adopt mindsets beyond the core of Agility and the Scrum Framework. This course surfaces these behaviors by challenging the student to adopt several different Product Owner stances:
Customer Representative - focused on understanding customer problems, challenges and potential opportunities
Visionary - communicating the vision, future state and possibilities in ways that foster common understanding
Experimenter - focusing on innovation, hypothesis testing and validating potential value to spark product innovation
Influencer - communicating with and influencing stakeholders, customers and the Scrum Team to act with common purpose
Collaborator - seeking input, ideas and feedback from others
Decision Maker - focusing on creating maximum impact by making clear choices and decisions
Over the 2 days, students will learn about areas critical to growing as a successful Product Owner and through a series of exercises combined with instruction, students gain a better understanding of what it means to deliver value and how to express that value inside and outside of the organization.
The price includes:
- Professional Scrum.org training materials
- The class will be led by an experienced Professional Scrum Trainer (learn more here)
- A voucher for the PSPO II assessment (2 attempts)
- 40% discount for the PSPO III assessment
Zoom + Mural
An article sharing the first experience from online class https://magdalenafirlit.com/experience-from-leading-my-first-virtual-class/
- Practicing Product Owners will learn different stances a Product Owner takes in order to navigate everyday challenges.
- Attendees leave knowing how to best identify and serve various groups of stakeholders and what competencies are expected. In order to aid in this journey, modern complementary practices will be introduced through discussions, case studies, and exercises.
- Students will leave with a clear path to moving forward in their Product Owner journey.
- Gain a better understanding of how to use vision, value, and validation to create a competitive advantage for any product.
- Learn about the various types of stakeholders that Product Owners represent and how to best work with them.
- Understanding your products
- Who are your customers?
- Connecting product features to customer outcomes
- Communicating the product vision and strategy
- Value and pricing models
- Innovation and experimentation
- Stakeholders and stakeholder management
- Agile governance, budgeting and contracting in relation to Scrum
- Scaling the Product Owner role
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required).
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Product Owner I, Professional Scrum Master I,II or similar course.
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum.
- Have read one of the Scrum books of Ken Schwaber or the book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” by Gunther Verheyen.
Assessment and Certification
Courses taught by Magdalena
Magdalena Firlit – Scrum and Agile coach, consultant, trainer, mentor, life and business coach (certified trainer, ICF postgraduate student). With PST accreditation from Scrum.org, Magdalena can provide certified trainings like Professional Scrum Master, Professional Agile Leadership - Essentials and Professional Scrum Foundations.
- 21+ years of professional experience.
- Collaborated with Motorola Solutions, Sabre, Luxoft, Philips Morris, DreamLab Onet.p, Guidewire, currently working with corporations as well as start-ups, including regulative environments
- Mentor at techleaders.eu and Women in Technology
- Guest lecturer (Agile Leadership)
- Currently working as an independent Agile Transformation consultant and Professional Scrum Trainer
Magdalena is focused on flexible transformations of both organizations and teams. She collaborates with companies of various sizes and with all levels in the organization.
She also conducts trainings and seminars related to Agile, Scrum, Kanban and soft-skills.
She acts as a speaker at conferences, holds meetings with communities, seminars and trainings.
Upcoming trainings from Magdalena
at 10:00 am
13 Nikolay Pimonenko street